23 June 2020

30 Day Book Challenge // Day 22: A Biography You Loved


Day 22: A Biography You Loved

It's day 22, which means it's time for a biography I love - or autobiography in this case!

I don't tend to read biographies and autobiographies, as I don't feel there are many people who I am interested in learning that much about. However, there are a few I've really loved. Agatha Christie's autobiography springs to mind, as well as Miranda Hart's Is It Just Me? 

However, I was always going to choose Sounds Like Me by Sara Bareilles.

I've loved Sara Bareilles for as long as I can remember. As soon as I heard her first couple of songs, her music spoke to me, and she's been my favourite artist ever since. Her music has helped me through the happiest and hardest of times, and really means a lot to me. I've even seen her perform in Waitress the Musical, which she helped write the music for, and it's consequently my favourite musical of all time.

Her autobiography (of sorts), is helped along by songs she has written, so we can see some of the motivation for her different eras of music. I thought this was a really powerful and unique touch. I also loved learning about her life, and how she got to where she is today. 

I think autobiographies are only interesting if you are really invested in learning about the person in question. I really was, and it was a magical read for me.


No comments: