1 July 2020

30 Day Book Challenge // Wrap-Up


When I first decided to do a 30 day book challenge, I was so excited. I'd seen so many other people on social media do similar challenges, and now I had a platform that lent itself perfectly to me doing the same. Rather than use another person's template, my boyfriend helped me to create one of my own. One that I could tailor to my own personal interests, and really make my own. 

So my template was born, and the challenge began!

I made the decision that I was going to blog along with my challenge at the same time. I knew it would be an additional heap of work to do daily, but I was so excited to talk books every day for a month. When it got to June 1st, I was really ready to immerse myself in the challenge, so much so that my family and I in our group chat played along, sharing our books each day and getting recommendations for each other.

My bookstagram, however, was the main focus of my challenge, and I posted every day for the relevant categories. If you'd like to see these posts on my account, you can view it via the social media links down the side of my blog! I planned out every day in advance so that there wouldn't be any repetition, and to make sure I had a book for every day! 

It was a real challenge in places, because some of the categories were pretty niche! I also found that there were some books, such as the Harry Potter series, or Pride and Prejudice, that I could have used for multiple different days! It took all my efforts to make sure that every book or series was used just once. 

I have to say, the thing I enjoyed the most about the challenge was being able to revisit some books that I haven't read in a really long time. So many of the books I eventually chose were stories that I loved when I read them for the first time, but that have long been sat forgotten on my shelf. It was nice to bring them back out and see the beauty in them again. As well as shouting about my usual favourites, I also got to comment on the favourites of all the past Hannahs. It was a real joy to do.

Towards the end of the month, the challenge did become difficult. Trying to maintain good content on instagram, posting daily on my blog, and getting wrapped up in engagement made it a little more of a chore than I would have liked. I'll be glad to take a little break now and bask in how much I enjoyed this challenge.

Thanks to those who did the challenge along with me, and stuck it out right to the end. And thanks to those who followed my journey, and my blog. You're all awesome, and it's what gives me the enthusiasm and motivation to keep posting. We all just want a space to talk about why we love books, and I'm grateful to have the opportunity to engage with so many different people.

I hope others in the future find my template and do their own challenge. If you choose to, make sure to tag me on social media so I can see what you come up with!

Until then...

Stay awesome. ♥


No comments: