16 June 2020

30 Day Book Challenge // Day 16: A Book that Makes You Happy



Day 16: A Book that Makes You Happy

Today is a day that is really important to me, because we're looking at a book that makes me happy.

Now, all books make me happy, and there are a handful of books that bring me such joy. However, I knew there would only be one real choice for me for today.

Despite the negativity surrounding the author at the moment, I knew I had to choose the Harry Potter series.

It breaks my heart that there is so much hate that can come from a person who created such an accepting, tolerant and kind world, and group of fans.

However, I am going to try and look at the series just for what it is, and not who created it. And it is a beautiful, detailed, and immersive world that I love to lose myself in. 

Harry Potter has always been an escape for me. I'm a huge Potterhead, and I know more about it than anybody I've ever met. I think there is nothing more special than reading about the magical world, and it is definitely my comfort read. Even now, at 26 years of age, when I am low and need comfort, I go to this series to bring myself joy. The characters who go through so much and yet are so kind, the importance of good triumphing over evil, and the many other details that make it so fulfilling to read; I love it all.

It's not an original choice, but it is always my choice. I love Harry Potter, and I always will.

No comments: