14 June 2020

30 Day Book Challenge // Day 14: A Book with a Name in the Title


Day 14: A Book with a Name in the Title

Today is day 14 of my book challenge, and we're talking about a book with a name in the title.

As with a lot of other days, it was hard to pick just one book. The obvious choice was Harry Potter, and I of course used Bridget Jones the other day too. 

Finally, I settled on Jane Eyre.

I bought this beautiful edition of the classic novel whilst on holiday in California a couple of years ago. I thought it was beautiful and didn't already own a copy of the book, so I knew I had to get it.

Shamefully, I still haven't read it. I know, it's bad!

As much as I really love classic fiction, I also find it really difficult to motivate myself to read it. I love immersing myself in different worlds, as it feels like a form of education to understand the culture and etiquette of older authors. However, trying to get into a new tone or style can be really difficult and often intimidating. 

I've read a few classics in my time, but it's always taken me a little bit longer to get through them. I'm toying with the idea of trying to buddy-read classics in the future, so I have the motivation to stick with them! 

Hopefully I'll finally get round to reading Jane Eyre soon.


No comments: