27 June 2020

30 Day Book Challenge // Day 27: A Book You Wish More People Had Read


Day 27: A Book You Wish More People Had Read

There are so many books out there in the world, and never enough time to read them all. Although I've had the luxury of being able to discuss lots of my favourite reads with other people, there are always some that we just wish more people had read.

My automatic choice: The Declaration series by Gemma Malley.

For anyone who doesn't know of it (which is unfortunately most people!), here's the blurb to the first book:

In the year 2140, it is illegal to be young. Children are all but extinct. The world is a better place. Longevity drugs are a fountain of youth. Sign the Declaration, agree not to have children and you too can live forever. Refuse, and you will live as an outcast. For the children born outside the law, it only gets worse – Surplus status. Not everyone thinks Longevity is a good thing, but you better be clear what side you’re on. . . . Surplus Anna is about to find out what happens when you can’t decide if you should cheat the law or cheat death.
Blurb taken from Goodreads.


I read this book when I was a young teen, and I thought it was fantastic. It was the first dystopian book I'd read, and I was fascinated with the fact that somebody could conceive a whole other world that could feel so real to me.

I realised there was a full series several years later, and I was so happy. I loved the rest of the series too, and yet I still haven't come across anybody else who has read them! Gemma Malley was one of my favourite authors and I couldn't understand why nobody else had heard of them.

If anybody out there has read them, get in touch! I'd love to find somebody to chat to about them.


No comments: