4 June 2020

30 Day Book Challenge // Day 4: A Book with a Colour in the Title


Day 4: A Book with a Colour in the Title

Hi bookworms!

It's Day 4 and I'm back for the next day in my 30 day challenge. I took a good long look at my shelf for today and the thing it really taught me is that I do not own a lot of books with a colour in the title! I have one or two, and the ones that I do have are crime-related. I'm not sure why that's a thing, but apparently crime authors love to do that! 

I am cheating a little bit with today's title, as I didn't want to do another crime-related book today.  A=A rainbow counts as a colour though, right? If anything, I feel like I've excelled by putting forth multiple colours! Anyway, I chose Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern; a book that I absolutely adore.

For anybody who doesn't know what the book is about, here's the blurb:

From naughty children to rebellious teenagers, Rosie and Alex have stuck by each other through thick and thin. But just as as they're discovering the joys of teenage nights on the town and dating disasters, they're separated. Alex's family move from Dublin to America - and Alex goes with them. For good.

Rosie's lost without him. But on the eve of her departure to join Alex in Boston, Rosie gets news that will change her life forever - and keep her at home in Ireland.

Their magical connection sees them through the ups and downs of each others lives, but neither of them knows whether their friendship can survive the years and miles - or new relationships. And at the back of Rosie's mind is whether they were meant to be more than just good friends all along. Misunderstandings, circumstances and sheer bad luck have kept them apart, but when presented with the ultimate opportunity, will they gamble everything for true love?
Blurb taken from Goodreads.

You may also know the story from the film Love, Rosie, starring Lily Collins and Sam Claflin (which, if you haven't see it already, you should definitely go and find because it's fabulous!). 

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm also a really huge fan of books that are structured a little bit differently. Where Rainbows End is actually written purely through the emails, letters, texts and other written communication that occurs between the characters. I loved reading the story this way; not only is it incredibly easy to read, but it's also different and really fun. 

This book really touched my heart. I find it so magical, and it really lifts my spirits even when I see the cover. I think it's a really lovely message to send that not only is life not always straightforward, but that it can be even more beautiful that way. The ups and downs make you even more grateful for what you do have in life. 

For the day where you choose a book with a colour in the title, I chose a book that brightens my life.


No comments: