24 June 2020

30 Day Book Challenge // Day 24: A Childhood Favourite


Day 24: A Childhood Favourite

I'm really fortunate that I grew up in a family that has always loved books. My parents read often, and my sister and I were taught to appreciate fiction, and the worlds it could introduce me to.

For this reason, there are a lot of books I could have chosen for today. However, I finally settled on The Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot.

Most people know of The Princess Diaries because of the film featuring Anne Hathaway and Julie Andrews. And what a damn good film it is too! However, the books are also among my favourites from my teen years. I used to reread them every year at Christmas time, and I never ever got bored of them.

They're a really refreshing read, about a girl who finds out, against her wishes, that she is a princess. Cue lots of hilarity, teenage fun and dating. Written in diary and note format, it's super easy to read, and I would really recommend it for a younger audience. It has characters of different backgrounds, and highlights the insecurities many teenagers have. 

Although I'm definitely too old for these books now, I've chosen to hang onto them because they were such a lovely part of my reading journey.

No comments: